Beginner Beekeeping Kit – Get Started Right!
Are you interested in beekeeping and trying to find equipment to help you get started. Well, look no further. Blythewood Bee Company is proud to offer this Beginner Beekeeping Kit with everything you’ll need to get you started on the road to a becoming a beekeeper.
Our kits assembled and will be shipped to you ready to go. All you have to do is paint it and add a package of honeybees.
What’s In The Beginner Beekeeping Kit?
We’ve put some great equipment in our beginner beekeeping kit for you. Below is what you’ll get:
- 1 Screened Bottom Board: The screened bottom board is the base of your hive and will hold the brood chamber and honey supers above. The screen is placed in the bottom for ventilation for the hive during hot months.
- 1 Wooden Entrance Feeder w/Jar: Perfect entrance feeder for feeding your bees during the spring to help them build up quickly. Also a great feeder during a shortage of nectar mid-summer or late fall.
- 1 Entrance Reduce: Our reversible entrance reducer allows you to reduce the size of your hive entrance during the winter and times when flower nectar is scarce. It prevents robbing from other hives.
- 1 Brood Chamber: The brood chamber is where the queen will lay most of her young. Our brood chamber is made from yellow pine which if far more durable than white pine. It is also select grade and had no knots or defects.
- 10 Deep Frames w/Acorn Plastic Foundation: Our deep wooden frames are select grade and include Acorn “triple waxed” Plastic Foundation which is the best in the industry. Bees love it and accept it well.
- 1 Honey Super: The honey super / feeder chamber is where the bees will store honey for winter. This honey super is made from yellow pine which if far more durable than white pine. It is also select grade and had no knots or defects.
- 10 Medium Frames w/Acorn Plastic Foundation: Our medium wooden frames are select grade and include Acorn “triple waxed” Plastic Foundation which is the best in the industry. Bees love it and accept it well.
- 1 Inner Cover: The inner insulated and also keep the bees from “gluing” down the telescoping lid with propolis. The inner cover made from is yellow pine and 1/4 plywood.
- 1 Telescoping Lid: The telescoping lid is the top of your hive. It is heavy duty and protects your hive from the elements. Our inner cover is yellow pine wrapped in a heavy gauge tin.
- 1 Medium Smoker: Stainless steel smoke with leather bellows. Easy to light and will give you years of use.
- 1 Steel Hive Tool: The hive tools has many uses. Opening covers, scraping wax and propolis as well as helping you lift frames. It’s an invaluable tool to the beekeeper.
- 1 Bee Brush: The bee brush will help you gently sweep bees from frames that you need to inspect.
- 1 Cool Shield Beekeeping Jacket: Our beekeeping jackets are custom made just for us and come with an attached veil. Our cool shield beekeeping jacket will give you years of protection and use.
- 1 Protective Gloves: Gloves protect your hands from stings. Our gloves are made of soft goat skin and will allow you to feel but also protect you from stings. Elbow length.
- Beekeeping For Dummies:1 Copy Beekeeping For Dummies: You’ll get the newest copy of this book available
- The items you receive such as the bee smoker and hive tool may not be exactly as pictured. The quality is the same but the look may be different. Our stock changes from time to time.